Developed in a 31 hour game jam, Moon Mining Madness is a fast paced Action Arcade game. You must be the first player to smash enough asteroids into the moon as it orbits around the territory you control on Earth by catching them with your tether. The game supports 2-3 players in local multiplayer and has X-Box controller support and keyboard support. The game jam theme was “Burrowing” and was hosted by me.
Play the Game! (should be played with 2-3 players but can see core gameplay with 1)
Development Time: 31 hours
Development Team Size: 3
Development Role: Gameplay Programmer, Producer
Key Features I Delivered:
- Asteroid Spawning Algorithm
- Player and Object Looping on Map Perimeter.
- Asteroid Physics and Drag.
- Controller Capabilities.
- Initial Idea Brainstorming.
- Lead Design/Lead Art – Jon Pulsipher
- Gameplay Programming – Akshay Rachapudi